Lenses & Prescription
- WHAT SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT MY PRESCRIPTION BEFORE I PLACE AN ORDER AT EYEZZ.COM?
- Prescription must be written by a licensed optometrist
- We can’t fill in expired prescriptions. Please check status of your prescription with your doctor and schedule an eye exam if it’s expired.
- Prescription must include PD measurement. PD (Pupillary Distance) is a distance between the center of one pupil to the center of the other. Measured in millimeters.
It is usually included into your prescription by the eye doctor.
- Prescription for eyeglasses is different from prescription for contacts. Make sure you give us a correct prescription
- HOW TO READ MY PRESCRIPTION?
Prescription looks like a chart with numbers which illustrate vision correction you need.
- O.D. - Right Eye
- O.S. - Left Eye
- SPH – Sphere. Indicated the strength of myopia (nearsightedness) or hyperopia (farsightedness).
- CYL or Cylinder – shows that you have astigmatism, a refractive error that causes distorted and blurred vision.
- AXIS – shows the orientation of astigmatism, measured in degrees 1 to 180.
- ADD or NV meaning Near Vision and used for multifocal or reading correction. Measuring in quarters.
- PD (Pupillary Distance) is a distance between the center of one pupil to the center of the other. Measured in millimeters. It is usually included into your prescription by the eye doctor.
- WHAT IF I CAN’T READY MY PRESCRIPTION?
- No worries if you can’t read your prescription. We offer an option to upload scan/ photo of your prescription after your complete a checkout. So we could read it properly.
- DO YOU FILL IN STRONG PRESCRIPTION?
- We have wide variety of lenses and can fill in most of the prescriptions. We work with all major progressive lens brands. But there are still some limitations so please kindly contact our customer support to check weather we can make glasses you need or not. 1-800-EYEZZ (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm EST) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to help.
- DO YOU SELL PRESCRIPTION SUNGLASSES?
- Yes, we gladly sell sunglasses with prescription lenses and able to add polarized prescription to most of our sunglasses. All our polarized lenses are 100% UVA/ UVB protected.
- CAN I JUST BUY A FRAME WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION LENSES?
- Some people have a perfect vision and buy eyewear for fashion only. So you can buy any frame as an accessory. Plus we offer an option to add anti-scratch and anti-glare coating for your better comfort.
- WHICH LENSES DO YOU OFFER?
- We offer a wide variety of lens depending on material and strength. Standard 1.59 lenses are made from polycarbonate, and they are much lighter then glass lenses. Polycarbonate is the most impact-resistant material and offers 100% UV protection. For strong prescription we offer 1.67 high-index and 1.74 very high-index plastic lenses.